Armoury in Moscow, of course, is one of the main attractions of the capital. Being once an important public institution in the XIX century, the Moscow Armory became a museum, which is now visited by thousands of tourists. And it's no wonder, because where else can you see with rare jewels, luxury models of weapons and a variety of subjects related yard.
The first mention of the Armory appeared at the beginning of the XVI century. But if leave deeper into the story, then we can conclude that the beginning of the great store of weapons put it values, which are mentioned even in the spiritual literacy Ivan Kalita (1339).
Decades, centuries, and Moscow became the largest city. Foreign ambassadors brought the prince expensive gifts (including military equipment), to replenish the treasury of the capital.
Princely jewels and weapons were stored it in the Armory. Soon Ivan III, it was decided to build a grand-ducal treasury, which eventually became called the "Treasury Court." The reign Falsdmitry not the best way to display the princely treasury, because after the devastating reign impostor next SHUISKI Prince was forced to melt all the jewels are stored in the Armory, in the usual coins.
After the Polish intervention, which occurred in 1610, the treasury was almost completely devastated, but after the liberation of the capital it is time to bloom. Created workshops, here began to present their creations more Russian and foreign masters. Finally, in 1726 Armoury, having lost its original purpose, has teamed up with the Treasury Court, and became a place of storage of exhibits of artistic and historical value. If you would like to visit this attraction, use the regular bus service Minsk - Moscow.
In 1806, the Armory was transformed into a museum, which it is to this day. On the shelves of the museum, tourists can see the ancient state regalia collection crews, edged weapons and so on.
On the first floor of the museum is the clothing department and tissue XVI-XVII centuries, as well as a collection of thrones rulers of Russia, samples coaches and Old clothes. Second floor: a collection of jewelry, covering the period from XII to XX century, firearms X century and Russian defensive armor. Among the unique exhibits can be noted Cap of Monomakh, the thrones of the first kings, ceremonial carriages of Queen Catherine II, and a rare collection of Novgorod silversmiths ages 15-16. Finally we should also mention the exhibition of the Diamond Fund, which operates in the museum since 1967.