In the 1850s Frederiksborg Castle became the residence of King Frederick VII. To the palace was always warm and cozy, worked 90 fireplaces. But it is precisely because of one of these fireplaces December 17, 1859 there was a large fire. Survived only House for Hearing and the wing that housed the chapel, and the magnificent collections were destroyed by fire. After the fire began to collect money for the restoration of the building. Donated a large sum of local philanthropist Jacob Jacobsen. But he agreed to part with their money only after receiving his promise to make the castle museum.
So from February 1, 1882, anyone can walk through the halls of the castle, which is really a museum. Masters recreated building the surviving drawings and plans. Before working interviewed everyone who has ever been in the castle to find out all the details of the situation of the burnt castle. Therefore, you can be sure that a relatively new building - an exact copy of the old castle. The castle also has a site dnm.dk, which is engaged in the private optimizer.